- The core elements of this job are to secure heavy equipment consignments, fill the auction yard ahead of each consignment auction and to seek out and secure profitable one owner live and online auctions
- Grow your territory through business development skills and maximize consignments using your already established network of contacts in the industry
- Introduce and sell our services to current and future clients through prospective, cold calling and account maintenance.
To be successful in this role you must be all of the following:
- A machinery enthusiast with an entrepreneurial nature who can maximize sales from new and existing customers.
- An excellent negotiator with the ability to spot opportunities and the motivation to act on them.
- Experienced in hunting new business opportunities using current and innovative techniques.
- Able to operate a smartphone
- A motivated self starter who can work independently
- An excellent communicator with a great ability to build relationships and attract Buyers and Sellers to our auctions. he ability to travel up to a week or two several times per year to assist our team with consignment and online auctions.
- A Excellent organization, time management and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to search the internet for leads and other necessary information.
- Able to develop a plan to grow new accounts in person and via phone and networking in the field.
- Manage the existing customer list and add new prospects
- Know the competition, its weaknesses and how to sell against it.
- A valid, clean driver's license. A valid class A CDL will be a major factor in determining salery.
- A proven sales record with minimum 2yrs experience selling Heavy Equipment Trucks or other business related assets.
- The ability to travel 2 to 3 nights per week to cover the territory, as well as up to a week several times per year to assist our team with consignment and online auctions
- Responsible for great follow up on potential client leads, on-going client relations, projects, etc.…
- An already established network of contacts within the industry. You should know everyone and everything there is to know about equipment in your region.
- An excellent knowledge of the current national and global market; you should have your finger on the pulse of what's happening in your territory and further afield.
- A working knowledge of the Auction industry, buying, selling and bid-catching at Auctions.
- Manage the delivery & transportation of equipment
- Obtains paperwork from consignors (titles, registrations etc.)
- Assist with post-sale conflict resolution
- Pre-auction logistics
- Post Auction equipment removal and checkout
- Write-ups and photography of appraisal items
What we offer:
- Competitive Base Salary. Dependent on Experience + Commission
- Company Fuel Card, Laptop and Smart Phone
- Ongoing training and professional development.
- On the job bid catcher training